Commitment at every stage of the project
The collaboration with Cotembo was special for us for many reasons. Especially in the development of the platform, we had the opportunity to collaborate with Dave at every stage of the project. The development of the system took several months and, most importantly, was completed on time, influenced not only by good planning of the process on our side, but also by trust and commitment on the client’s side. They helped us to receive all comments and proposals for amendments as well as the necessary content in good time.
Our work began with defining the business objectives and preparing the project specifications. During the meetings and workshops with Dave, we divided the platform into smaller sections, compiled a list of necessary features, and described each section in detail. As part of the work, we produced a document of more than ten pages, which formed the basis for further work on the project.
The specifications were supplemented by initial low-fi mockups, representing user paths in sensitive areas of the system, in particular with regard to examination forms.
Knowing not only Dave’s expectations, but also the needs of the target customers, we started the next phase of work – based on the design specification, we wrote a technical specification and added important technical aspects to the business document. At this stage, we decided on a technology stack and decided to build a backend based on Laravel and the front end of the app based on React. It is important that there were already changes to the project at that time, which we took into account.
From the very beginning it was clear to us that the project would live and change in the course of the work: new requirements and necessary adjustments would come. In the interest of the system, we have continuously revised and supplemented the specification.
The next step was the preparation of the UX/UI model. In order to meet the customer’s expectations and to look for savings in the project, we used a ready-made library for the production of the models, which also saved us some time.
The design stage of the project took about 2 months and resulted in 128 models being created. Not only views, but also all relevant elements (different form states, active and inactive notifications, etc.) were developed on the models.