At Brave New, we are constantly developing and that is why we are looking for a full-time Junior WordPress Developer who is eager to take responsibility and learn new things.
Have you been creating front-end projects and websites based on WordPress and even WooCommerce? Do you know how to write good code, communicate with the rest of the team, want to learn much, and be a part of projects built for millions of users?
If so, read on, we’ll most likely get along very well!
What do we offer?
- 3,500 – 5,000 PLN net to start (the amount of remuneration depends on your skills and experience)
- Work on a contract or B2B
- A clear career path related to your skills, experience and commitment
- Flexible working time
- Prepared work position: company laptop and monitor, necessary software
- Nice office in Krakow’s Kazimierz and opportunity to work remotely
- The ability to manage your time and priorities
- Development opportunities in the direction you choose – we will try to match your scope of tasks so that it fits in with your development and allows you to follow the direction of your choice
- A friendly atmosphere – we are a small team of busy people and each of us is completely different, but we share the same values, which makes us get along well
- Constant mentorship from the beginning of your journey, given by more experienced colleagues
What do we expect?
- You have worked at least 9 months in most of the technologies listed below – not necessarily employed – open-source and commercial projects are also interesting for us
- You can write semantic, readable, and accessible HTML code
- You write nice, efficient (S)CSS code
- You know how to make a static website editable using functions built-in WordPress and ACFs, and want to learn Gutenberg, WooCommerce, Sage, etc.
- You use bundlers (e.g. Webpack)
- You have experience with GIT and know how to use it
- You know English at B2 level (you have no problems with talking and reading the documentation)
- You are a responsible person
- You are an open, cheerful person who likes to work with others
- Everything above regular WordPress functions and ACFs – WooCommerce, Gutenberg, hooks, etc.
- Knowledge of BEM methodology
- Contact with React and Gatsby or Next.js
- Experience with Adobe XD, Zeplin, Avocode and Figma (one of them) from the mapping code design
- Experience in working with the REST API
- Experience in CI/CD
- Experience with Roots ecosystem (Sage, Bedrock, Trellis)
What will your responsibilities be?
- Creating websites and e-commerce based on projects created by our graphic team
- Helpdesk service support (introducing programming changes submitted by clients)
- Contact with PMs, graphic designers and other programmers for specific projects
What will you learn?
- You will develop your programming knowledge while coding and receiving code-review, and learn new technologies
- Project coordination – we will teach you how to manage and take care of web projects in practice
- Contact with the client – we will show you how to talk to clients
- Working in stationary and remote teams
- Effective transfering of knowledge, also technical
You only meet some of the requirements and you have doubts about whether to submit a CV? We know that we are able to learn new skills from committed people, so feel free to send us your application.
Send your CV, portfolio, profile on GitHub or anything you can show off to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, describe yourself in 7 sentences.
What will the recruitment look like?
It’s short and straightforward:
- We are waiting for your application
- We talk about your tech experience (also in English)
- We talk about your soft experience, motivations, and the future
- If everything is alright and we understand each other, we welcome you at Brave New 🎉